Here, I am going to introduce the "Light Weight SF force.com chat plugin for sites".
This is easy to install and setup in your force.com site and easy to use. The positive thing is that it saves data in your native salesforce object for your review. This is just a demo app, if one want, he can extend this app to make more robust.
1) You can simply install it from here:
2) After deploy, you can simply access the first page by /apex/JoinChat It will ask you to click on join now link, if you already logged in before in chat room, you will be redirect to chathome page
3) If you not logged in, you will be redirected to /apex/chatlogin page, here you can give a name for yourself to use in chat room
4) To go chat room, you can call this page /apex/chathome Here you can see existing public people who are logged into same chat room To best use , you need to setup all 3 pages on public force.com site.
Here is a demo hosted on my site:
Note: For automatic updates, due to too much request i have set 30 seconds auto update for chat
There are chances of more enhancements, but its just a start :)
- Aslam - The Alexendra
- Salesforce Certified Software Professional
Expertise In SFDC Solutions integration with adhoc web technologies including:-
1) Twilio Cloud Telephony
2) Google Apps API
4) AngularJS / BackboneJS / RequireJS
5) Android Apps SDK
6) Payment Methods (ex. Paypal)
7) Box.Net API / DropBox API
8) JQuery / JQuery Mobile / InfusionSoft
- ▼ 2012 (7)
- ► 2011 (26)
- ► 2010 (17)